Here are the Bible verses the youth wrote down at our service when we asked them to share their favorites, along with their ages:1 Corinthians 15:15
- But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.
Age 13John 1:1
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Age 151 Timothy 5:23
- No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.
Age 17John 3:16
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Three kids put this one: Ages 17, 17 and 16Psalm 87:1-2
- On the holy mount stands the city he founded; the LORD loves the gates of Zion more than all the dwelling places of Jacob. Glorious things of you are spoken, O city of God.
Age 15Nehemiah 1:8-9
- Remember the word that you commanded your servant Moses, saying, 'If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the peoples, but if you return to me and keep my commandments and do them, though your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of heaven, from there I will gather them and bring them to the place that I have chosen, to make my name dwell there.'
Age 14Matthew 5:8
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Age 16 John 3:17
– For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Age 18Luke 3:4-5
- "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: 'Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall become straight, and the rough places shall become level ways, and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'"
Age 15Habakkuk 3:17-19
-Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines,the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food,the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places.
Age 16Romans 3:23
- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Age 16Genesis 2:23
- Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."
Age 13Genesis 1:1
- In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
Age 17John 11:35
– Jesus wept
Feel free to share your favorite verses in the comments.
Mine is Romans 8:28
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Labels: favorite Bible verses