< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: More thoughts on The Secret

Friday, February 23, 2007

More thoughts on The Secret

The more I think about Oprah's show on The Secret the more it reminds me of the book I read and the Sunday School lesson I taught on the Top 10 List for Christians by James W.Moore. I blogged about it last week: http://teachingsundayschool.blogspot.com/2007/02/10-priorities-for-christians.html

Like The Secret his list is meant for us to have joy and love. To live celebratory and with purpose. He even mentions we need to be grateful and suggests we list what we are grateful for everyday.

His suggestion that we put love first and constantly ask ourselves, "What is the loving thing to do?" fits with The Secret telling us to celebrate the successes of people we know as if they are our own. And to serve.

To not live in the past or future, but right now.

And how Christianity makes us better people right now - not some time in the future.

They are amazingly similar. No secret!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home