< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: God gives us peace in times of trial

Friday, January 12, 2007

God gives us peace in times of trial

I heard a story on Christian radio today about a man who had lost just about everything and if he didn’t find some money before the end of the day he would lose what was left.

He prayed about it and while he was praying he felt an overwhelming sense of peace and joy come over him. Later that day a letter was found at his front door with a check in it. His reaction to this is what was so profound. He said, “I was so glad I felt the peace and joy before the solution to my problem.”

Suffering is a blessing because of the opportunity it gives to testify to God’s grace both by words and by life.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Write Now just for you said...

Amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home