< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: More thoughts on suffering

Thursday, January 11, 2007

More thoughts on suffering

Every loss we suffer is a death of something. And every time we suffer loss, we encounter an opportunity for the loss to bring gain for Jesus’ sake by allowing His life to be revealed in us. (He suffered loss and betrayal and temptations to be an example to us.)

Christ gives us the invitation to rise to a new life – a more compassionate life, a wiser life, a more productive life and yes – even a better life.

Is God so sufficient to me that I don’t even need to complain or seek pity or sympathy from others?

Psalm 50:15 – Trust me in your times of trouble and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Write Now just for you said...

Amen!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home