SOAPY Method for Studying the Bible
The Bible does no good if we don’t pick it up. And the less time we spend on prayer, the more likely our relationship with Christ will stagnate, or worse, backslide.
- Read the passages and as you are reading take note of anything the Lord impresses on you as a personal word to be applied. Look for words of encouragement, direction or correction.
- When God has revealed a special lesson of life to you, write it down in a journal.
- Title the page
- Scripture: write down the verse you have chosen as a lesson for the day.
- Observation: write down what the lesson is for you that day.
- Application: write how this lesson applies to your life.
- Prayer: write a prayer to God concerning this lesson and your life.
- Yield: write what you must yield in your life for this lesson to become alive for you.
- Record the entry by date, scripture, topic, title and page in your Table of Contents page. Then pray.
Labels: Bible study