< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Review of the book War in Heaven by Derek Prince

Friday, January 16, 2015

Review of the book War in Heaven by Derek Prince

I was given the book War in Heaven to review for the publisher. Something I enjoy doing when I like the book. But it's very hard when I don't.

And I didn't like this book. I didn't learn anything about spiritual warfare. In fact in one chapter he made it sound as if God's angels and Satan's angels just shouted at each other. Making proclamations.

Interestingly enough that was the one section that caught my attention. But not because of their supposed shouting matches.

He said that Islam derives much of its power from the proclamations that it regularly makes. 5 times a day, every day, for every Muslim, in every mosque, in the world, for 1400 years, they chant "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet."

The area of the world regularly covered by this proclamation is the Middle East. This explains why there is such a tremendously strong antichrist power over this area. It is, in fact the primary reason why this section of humanity has been so strongly resistant to the claims of Jesus.

He wrote that certain western nations that are committed to religious liberty are permitting great numbers of Muslim mosques to be established within their jurisdictions. Every new mosque thus established becomes a channel for the standard Islamic proclamations. Secular rulers do not understand the spiritual impact that these multiplied proclamations have upon their people. Islam is spreading fast.

That hit home because of Duke University this past week saying they would begin allowing Muslims to say their prayers from the bell tower of Duke Chapel, but have backed down after the outcry.

Other then that I'm afraid I didn't get much out of the book.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home