< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Letting Go of Your Limitations

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Letting Go of Your Limitations

I just finished reading Dr. Sandie Freed’s book Letting Go of Your Limitations – Experiencing God’s Transforming Power.

While I thought the book was a little dry the last chapter finished it with a bang. (Maybe she should have just written an article instead of trying to stretch it out.)

But here’s the good part: Jesus is not a “law giver”, but a “life giver”. The law was given so we would realize our need of a Savior. As believers there is now no condemnation in those who love the Lord. Jesus fulfilled the law. All the commands in the Old Testament that promised blessings if we do and curses if we don’t can be stamped “paid in full.” He did it. We can rest and be blessed!

She wrote, “The only “if you” we have to worry about is if you want Jesus. If we do that the blessings are ours.” And “Jesus took every curse with Him to the cross. Everything I had coming to me under the Old Testament curse, Jesus took so that I could receive everything coming under the New Covenant promises. The Lord laid on Him the iniquity of us all. Yes, He took what I had coming so I could have what He had coming.”

We do not have to wait to get to Heaven in order to experience Heaven. Unbelief kept the Israelites out of the Promised Land for 40 years. Don’t refuse His gift of grace. We can have Heaven on earth!

Disclosure: I was given this book by Chosen Books to review on my blog. They did not ask for a positive review; only an honest one.
 


 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home