< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Angels in the Fire

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Angels in the Fire

I just finished reading a book called Angels in the Fire by Dann Stadler. The author and his wife were in a horrific car crash in 1989 on their 4th wedding anniversary. The book tells about the crash and their many injuries in painful detail. (Painful meaning I could feel what they went through myself!)

Tracey, his wife, was saved from the wreck by an angel. True story. In fact, we learn later in the book that she has had other contacts with angels in her life.

What we as Christians can learn from this book is first how to get through a trial in a way that glorifies God. These people never complained. They never asked "why me?" They were patient and shared God's love with people and just did the very best they could every day.

The other thing we can learn is: we can see Angels and have encounters with God too. All we have to do is look for them!

I'm going to do that!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home