The Lifestyle of a Prophet
I just finished reading The Lifestyle of a Prophet by James W. Goll and wanted to share his list of how to grow in the prophetic:
- Go to church – be around God
- Love mercy. Micah 6:8 says to do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with your God.
- Pray in the spirit
- Ask God! Listen! Seek!
- Don’t share everything God tells you. Sometimes it’s God’s secret. Ask permission.
- Love the anointing. The presence of the Holy Spirit. “Some things are better ‘caught’ then ‘taught’”.
- Risk! Move out of your comfort zone. Step out in faith. Keep taking progressive steps and you’ll grow. Climb out of your boat and trust the Lord.