< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Remembering 9/11

Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

The first thing I remember about that Tuesday was how beautiful it was. I'm in North Carolina and the sky was such an amazing blue and there was no humidity in the air.

I had books and Bibles spread all over the kitchen table as I was preparing a Sunday School lesson for the next Sunday when my husband called. He was changing planes in Atlanta on his way to Miami on a business trip. He said "Turn on the TV."

As soon as I saw it, my 17 years as a travel agent training kicked in and I told him to rent a car and drive home, because no one would be flying. He got the last rental car available and drove the four and a half hours home.

I taught a totally different lesson that next Sunday then planned - I held up the front page of our local newspaper, which said "America Prays"...and went from there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home