< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Only Christ

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Only Christ

I’ve been carrying around a piece of an article in my Daytimer for years and thought I would share it. I have no idea where I got it from, but I love it.

Salvation comes from Christ alone. That means it’s not Christ plus your good behavior, it’s not Christ plus the years you taught Sunday School; it’s not Christ plus your tithe; it’s not Christ plus the church you attend.

It’s not Christ plus the size of your Bible; nor Christ plus the number of verses you memorize. It’s not Christ plus the title of deacon’ it’s not Christ plus a good driving record; it’s not Christ plus well-behaved children.

It’s not Christ plus a 40-day fast; it’s not Christ plus the right job; it’s not Christ plus the right spouse; it’s not Christ plus wisdom from the latest Christian seminar. It’s not Christ plus a college education.

It’s simply Christ. Christ plus nothing.


For more on this topic:
Read "One Way"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home