< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Revelation 22:1

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Revelation 22:1

I’ve been teaching the book of Revelation for about 5 weeks now. I’m using Anne Graham Lotz’ book, The Vision of His Glory and I love this part about Revelation 22:1. It’s concise and tells you exactly what you need to know!

Revelation 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

The river symbolizes the eternal blessing of God. And it flows from the throne. The source of all blessing has been, is and forever will be the authority of God and the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

So the river of blessings flows when Jesus Christ is in full authority in your life, when you have completely surrendered yourself to Him, when His will is your will, when you deeply desire what He wants more than what you want, when you deny yourself, take up your cross daily and follow Him, when you live in a right fellowship to the throne…that’s when the river flows!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Matthew 16:25 (NIV)
For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.


I don't have words to say it any better... Christ is the only life.

Blessings, Matt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home