< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Some thoughts from the Book The Traveler’s Gift

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Some thoughts from the Book The Traveler’s Gift

- Faith is to believe what one has not seen. The reward of faith is to see what one has believed.

- Circumstances are rulers of the weak, but they are weapons of the wise. They do not control your emotions. They are daily lessons to be studied and gleaned for new knowledge and wisdom. A person who is depressed is spending too much time thinking about the way things are now and not enough time thinking about how he wants them to be.

- God has bestowed upon me many gifts and for these I will remember and be grateful. Too many times I have offered up the prayers of a beggar, always asking for more and forgetting to give thanks. I am grateful for sight and sound and breath. If ever in my life there is a pouring out of blessings beyond that, then I will be grateful for a miracle of abundance.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home