< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Final thoughts from The Purpose Driven Life

Monday, April 02, 2007

Final thoughts from The Purpose Driven Life

This book is so good and there is so much I would like to share, but you really need to read the whole thing yourself. I studied it right after it came out with a small group. Then last Lenten season I re-read it. I’m planning on doing that again next Lent. Here’s one more thought that is so important:

When God is silent.

- “Regardless of circumstances and how you feel, hang on to God’s unchanging character. Remind yourself of what you know to be true; He is good, He loves me, He is with me, He knows what I’m going thru, He cares, and He has a good plan for my life.”

Never doubt in the dark what God has told you in the light.

- Do the small things that no one else wants to as if they are great things because God is watching.
- “If you want to be used by God, you must care about what God cares about; what He cares about most is the redemption of the people He made. He wants His lost children found! Nothing matters more to God – the cross proves that. Find one more for Jesus!”

This last sentence speaks the loudest to me personally.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home