< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: She did what the Lord commanded

Friday, December 29, 2006

She did what the Lord commanded

“And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me!” (Isaiah 6:8)

If on my tombstone were written the words, “She did what the Lord commanded” and it was true, I would have died at peace.

God doesn’t ask us to do the impossible. He just wants us to believe in Him and then act on that belief!

He created us to have fellowship with Him. He had it with Adam and Eve in the garden and He has been reaching out to us ever since. He led the Israelites on their journey to the Promised Land, as a pillar of fire at night and a cloud by day. When they built the temple His presence was in the Holy of Holies. He spoke through the prophets. He came in the form of Jesus Christ to walk among us. He came as the Holy Spirit to live inside of us. And He gave us His word, the Bible to know Him better.

He is constantly reaching out to us. He wants our obedience to come from love for Him. The covenant with the Israelites was based on their keeping the law. The commandments were written in stone. The new covenant is based on forgiveness, mercy and grace. And the Bible tells us it is written on our very hearts.

Deuteronomy 10:12-13 says, “what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to Love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments and statutes of the Lord, which I command you this day for your good?”

God will bless obedience. The blessings of obedience are; knowing you are loved by God, having peace and being used by Him.

Here I am Lord. Send me!

One never does wrong by doing right. Put the matter in God's hands and simply do the right thing, leaving the outcome to God.

Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you. Joshua 3:5

The wonders God wants to do in all our tomorrows are prepared for in our todays! I pray this waiting is preparation!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home