< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: A Review of a most Unsettling Book

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

A Review of a most Unsettling Book

I just finished reading Dr. Timothy Dailey's book 'Apocalypse Rising'.

After finishing a year of Bible study on the book of Revelation I was looking forward to reading this book. But I didn't enjoy it at all. And I guess really we weren't meant to. It's a very serious and gloomy topic.

In his history sections, talking about the various wars and invasions, it was incredibly gory. Added to that was his section on EMP and how all of America could easily and speedily be destroyed and I had trouble sleeping at night! 

Because I had accepted a copy of this book from Chosen with the promise I would give it a fair and honest review though, I felt like I must finish reading it. And I did. His section on the current refuges in Europe was interesting and I believe on target. But at least the book of Revelation left me with hope and the feeling that God is in complete control.

I didn't get the feeling from this book.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home