< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: My Breaking Point, God's Turning Point

Friday, October 03, 2014

My Breaking Point, God's Turning Point

I just finished reading Pastor Ricky Texada's book, "My Breaking Point, God's Turning Point."

This is an extremely helpful book for anyone who is going through any kind of trial. While Ricky went through one of the worst things I can imagine (the unexpected death of his spouse), what he shares with his readers can be applied to any trial.

He shows us step by step what we as Christians need to do to: get through the problem while maturing in our faith and glorifying God in the process.

We learn from his story to keep moving forward, trusting God with each step. To keep worshipping Him every morning and to communicate with Him openly and honestly. Ricky says when we carry the heavy baggage of anger, resentment, unforgiveness, hatred and bitterness inside us; we don’t have room for God’s peace.

This book inspires us to view things through God’s eyes and to trust He is always working behind the scenes to grow us! I recommend getting this book for someone going through a trial, or getting it in advance for yourself. At some point we will all need it!

I was given this book by Bethany House to review.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home