< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Jesus is the Word

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jesus is the Word

I just finished reading Anne Graham Lotz’ book ‘Just Give Me Jesus’. The whole book was wonderful, but as someone who has often prayed to God to tell me plainly what to do – maybe by writing on a billboard! – what His will is for my life, I especially loved what she said about John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Anne wrote that Plato, who was popular in John’s day, had said he hoped someday a “logos” (word) might come from God that would make everything about life clear. John says in this verse that it did! A living logos. An outward revelation of the heart and mind of God, expressed perfectly for us in a living person.

Jesus is the living expression of what’s on God’s mind. Of what’s on God’s heart.

Do you want to know the will of God? Then just look at Jesus.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home