< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Come to Jesus

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Come to Jesus

Matthew 11:28-30 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
 
Some of our burdens are self inflicted. But God has allowed the others to happen to us so that we will feel the weight of this world. And when we come to Christ in weariness of the world He promises us eternal rest.

This passage is a description of becoming a Christian and what it means to follow Christ. “Come to me”. We come to Jesus and are born again. And then He tells us how to walk with Him: “take my yoke, learn from me”. We follow Him step by step. There is a freedom to being yoked to Him because He’s leading us in the right way; the good way. He knows what to do, what’s ahead, and we are safe with Him. When we are yoked with Him our burden is light because He is carrying the load!

“Not my will, but Yours, Lord.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home