< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Stay Alive All Your Life - Part 13

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Stay Alive All Your Life - Part 13

Chapter 16 – Live Forever

John 14: 1-3 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

2 Corinthians 5:1 1Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

1 Corinthians 15:53-55 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."
55"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"

These are messages of life and joy. We live forever!

When we die on earth, we immediately meet our loved ones who were also believers and we will know them and will never be separated again. Jesus’ resurrection is proof of this.

John 14:19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.

John 11:25-26 25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

You may have heard the example of an unborn baby warm and safe inside its mom: dreading birth. “I know this place – I don’t know what’s out there.” But the day comes when the baby “dies” out of that prenatal world and passes from a known form of life to an unknown and it would seem like death, since it’s the end of that existence as he knows it. But what happens then? He finds himself in the loving arms of someone who’s been waiting for him.

How silly he was to fear.

Death is simply another birth. Jesus Christ has the truth about life and death. He will help us throughout life and then guide us across to Heaven when it’s time.

1 Corinthians 2:9 "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."

Read the Bible, pray and fill your life with love and goodness. Trust in God – His promises are true. You can live your life fully ALL your life!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home