< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Unanswered Prayer – No Such Thing! Part 4

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Unanswered Prayer – No Such Thing! Part 4

OK, so now we’re growing. We are seeking the will of God. God always challenges us to grow. We shouldn’t ask Him for or expect a problemless life or plastic tranquility, but for the peace of knowing what’s important and that we are in His will.

In the book POWER FOR LIVING the chapter “Growing as a Christian” tells us to go to God in prayer daily. It says “Prayer is simply talking to God and listening while God talks. It is the basic expression of our faith. It is the breathing of our spiritual life. It is our lifeline to God.”

The author recommends keeping a prayer journal and writing your prayers on one side and later on going back to write the answers on the other.

He also said that the most important thing to remember about prayer is what Jesus said in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” And suggests that means all prayer should be in the name of Jesus. But to pray in the name of Jesus is more than a mere mention of that name at the beginning and ending of a prayer. It is to pray in the mind and spirit of Jesus while we believe His promises, rely on His grace and work His works.

Again and again in the Bible God promises to be with us.

Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage: be not frightened, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Psalm 23: 4 “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for thou art with me.”

Isaiah 41:10
“Fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am Your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.”

Matthew 28:20 “lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”

Theses are promises we need to keep in mind as we pray. He is there! We are talking to Him.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home