< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Darlene Zschech Worship Seminar at The Cove

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Darlene Zschech Worship Seminar at The Cove

John and I just got back from a 3-day worship leader seminar at Billy Graham’s Training Center at the Cove in Asheville. It was wonderful!

This is the first time we’ve been to The Cove and it’s beautiful. I heard staff telling guests, “We’ve been praying for you.” Apparently before a group arrives for a seminar the guest names are distributed to staff members who pray for each guest by name! The maids even pray for the people whose rooms they clean! As you get off the shuttle buses the drivers tell you to have a blessed day!

My husband has often lamented that the congregation doesn’t seem to get into a lot of the songs his Praise band leads and he asks me if they were even singing! There was no problem at The Cove’s worship services! 3 or 4 hundred worship leaders were the congregation! It was not only loud, but there was a whole lot of jumping going on!!

I learned a lot from Darlene’s sessions and also the break out worship leader session I went to. It was very inspiring!

Here’s Darlene’s website. If you’ve ever sung, “Shout to the Lord” she’s the one who wrote it! Darlene Zschech

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home