< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: From Jim Cymbala’s book “The Life God Blesses”

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

From Jim Cymbala’s book “The Life God Blesses”

I’ve read most of Jim Cymbala’s books and I really recommend them. If you don’t know who he is, he’s the pastor at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. He probably has inspired more of my Sunday School lessons then any other living Christian writer!

Here are some thoughts from this particular book:

He wrote that God’s heart of mercy provides for us not only pardon from sin, but also a daily provision of spiritual food to strengthen us. That God speaks to our hearts, “Leave it to me. Don’t worry. Just trust, pray and wait”, “Wait on Me. Don’t try to solve it yourself. Just wait”.

We must wait while believing and praying, while being obedient, with our Bibles open and while doing His work. His “time of favor” will come!

Jesus said,“Come to me all who are heavy burdened and I will give you rest.”

Psalm 50:15 “Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you will honor Me.”

James 4:2 “We do not have because we do not ask God.”

Turn your heart toward heaven and lay everything that is in it before the Lord.


See "The Life God Blesses" on Amazon

Click here for all Inspirational Magnets

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home