< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Book Review of Heavenly Help

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Book Review of Heavenly Help

I just finished reading the book "Heavenly Help: Experiencing the Holy Spirit in Everyday Life" by Sarah Bowling and I'd only giving it a 3 star review because I don't think it lived up to the "sales pitch" on the back of the book.

I wanted to read it because the author promised to tell about her extraordinary childhood as a child of a healing ministry pioneer and a charismatic preacher. While she did mention scattered parts of her childhood, it wasn't much.

I did like that she based the book on John 14-16: what Jesus told the disciples about the Holy Spirit, but I didn't enjoy the allegories after each chapter. I found the dialog stilted and unnatural.

*I was given this book for my honest review

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home