< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Red Sea Rules – Part 10

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Red Sea Rules – Part 10

Exodus 15:1-2 1 Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD :
"I will sing to the LORD,
for he is highly exalted.
The horse and its rider
he has hurled into the sea.
2 The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.


This was the first recorded song in Scripture. When it’s over, don’t forget to praise Him. I’ve heard grandparents say that eventually they stopped sending money gifts to their grandchildren who don’t say thank you. My mom has even said, “I’d like to at least know if they got the gift!”

How can we better thank God? How can we live more praise-oriented lives?

You can start by noticing things more. Slow down and be aware of the good stuff and offer up thanks to God. For small things and large. You can listen to Christian music, sing hymns of praise. You can start your prayer by thanking God. Be faithful in attending church and concentrate on the worship while you’re there. Practice thanksgiving. Practice praise and practice His presence!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home