< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: The Traveler’s Gift

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Traveler’s Gift

After reading Andy Andrew’s Book, The Traveler's Gift twice, I wrote down the 7 decisions from it to carry around with me. I really recommend reading the book, but in the meantime here are the first 3 decisions. I think they are worth thinking about.

1. The Buck stops here

I accept responsibility for my past. Never again will I blame anyone. I will look forward. I am responsible for my success. My decisions are governed by my thinking. My thoughts will be constructive.

My mind will live on solutions for the future, not problems of the past. I will make a decision and then make it right. I control my thoughts and my emotions. Challenges are gifts, opportunities to learn.

2. I will seek Wisdom

I will make positive changes in my relations. I will be around positive people who I admire. I will be a servant to others. People are attracted to this.

3. I am a person of action

No longer will I be in the pit of despair, moaning over lost opportunities and squandering time. I can do nothing about the past. When faced with the choice of doing something or doing nothing, I will always choose to do something! I am a leader. I do not fear opinion or gossip or failure. Failure only exists if you quit and I do not quit. I seize the moment.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home