< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Habakkuk 2:1

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Habakkuk 2:1

Habakkuk 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.

When you ask someone something you expect an answer, right? Habakkuk isn’t just ranting to God, he’s talking and he puts himself in the position to receive God’s reply, as we should.

I always have to laugh at the story in Acts when Peter was in prison and the Christians were praying for him. God supernaturally got Peter out of the prison and Peter goes to the house where they’re praying and the maid who answers the door shuts it in his face because she didn’t believe it was him! If they were praying for Peter’s release, didn’t they expect him to show up?

Coty Pickney wrote, “When God is confusing, we must live by faith in the future grace of the God who hears. So wait! Feed on His Word and expect Him to speak to you through it.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home