< What I Learned Teaching Sunday School: Galatians 6:11-18

Friday, October 26, 2007

Galatians 6:11-18

Galatians 6:11-18See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!
Those who want to make a good impression outwardly are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. Not even those who are circumcised obey the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your flesh.

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation. Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule, even to the Israel of God.

Finally, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen.”


Remember in the beginning of the book I wrote that Paul probably dictated all of his letters to a scribe? Since he wrote at least four of his published thirteen letters under house arrest in Rome the guards must have heard all this. They got a real education didn’t they? But, Paul signs his name to validate that the letter was genuine. And here he writes the entire last paragraph in his own hand. It is so important to him!

We are saved by grace.

We have been set free and we should use that freedom to live for Christ and serve Him!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home